hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lin Ma <lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how client location a region/tablet?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:30:02 GMT
Dong,

Some more thoughts, after reading data structure for HRegionInfo =>
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HRegionInfo.html,
start key and end key looks informative which we could leverage,

- I am not sure if we could leverage this information (stored as part of
value in table ROOT) to find which META region may contains region server
information for row-key 123 of data table ABC;
- But I think unfortunately the information is stored in value of table
ROOT, other than key field of table ROOT, so that we have to iterate each
row in ROOT table one by one to figure out which META region server to
access.

Not sure if I get the points. Please feel free to correct me.

regards,
Lin