hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lin Ma <lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Using HBase serving to replace memcached
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2012 07:12:09 GMT
Hello guys,

In your experience, is it practical to use HBase directly for serving?
Saying handle directly user traffic (tens of thousands QPS scale) behind
Apache, and replace the role of memcached? I am not sure whether there are
any known panic to replace memcached by using HBase? One issue I could
think about is for a specific row range, only one active region server
could handle the request, but in memcached, we can setup several memcached
instance with duplicate content (all of them are active) to serve the same
purpose under a VIP which could achieve better performance and scalability.

Any advice or reference documents are appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
Lin