hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bijeet Singh <bijeetsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding data
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 04:54:56 GMT
Well, if the file that you have contains TSV, you can directly use the
ImportTSV utility of HBase to do a bulk load.
More details about that can be found here :

http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#importtsv

The other option for you is to run a MR job on the file that you have, to
generate the HFiles, which you can later import
to HBase using completebulkload.  HFiles are created using the
HFileOutputFormat class.The output of Map should
be Put or KeyValue. For Reduce you need to use configureIncrementalLoad
which sets up reduce tasks.

Bijeet