hbase-user mailing list archives

From syed kather <in.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encryption in HBase
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 20:11:56 GMT
Tariq ,
   As wkt hbase is in Memory database when we need to scan or get from meta
file it will hit specified hfile . See if we encrypting the hfile then
internally we are trying to encrypting set of  Key Length + Value Length +
Row Length + CF Length + Timestamp + Key Value also.  We are interested in
encrypting key value . If we encrypt everything then decrypt will be pain
right.

If we are encrypting only key values it is more then enough . Other than
why we need to do at co processor level . Wkt co processor will play with
minimum level data that like MR basis so really it will as add advantage to
our performance. And that too we can do decrypts for the data which matches
our query ..
Please correct me if I am wrong .

Thanks and regards
Syed Abdul kather