hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shrijeet Paliwal <shrij...@rocketfuel.com>
Subject Find rows which do not have any of the given columns
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 06:42:38 GMT
Hi All,

I am writing a job which finds rows that do not have a cell corresponding
to any of the columns in the given set of columns.
This is how I have configured my scan (a combination of lQualifierFilters
and SkipFilter)

    columnsSet = Splitter.on(',') .split(columns); //columns is a csv
containing column names
    List<Filter> qualifierFilters = new ArrayList<Filter>();
    for (String qual : columnsSet) {
      qualifierFilters.add(new QualifierFilter(CompareOp.NOT_EQUAL,
          new BinaryComparator(Bytes.toBytes(qual))));
    }
    Filter skipFilter = new SkipFilter(new
FilterList(Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL, qualifierFilters));
    Scan scan = new Scan();
    scan.addFamily(Bytes.toBytes(family));
    scan.setCacheBlocks(false);
    scan.setCaching(1000);
    scan.setFilter(skipFilter);
    scan.setTimeRange(Long.valueOf(args[4]), Long.valueOf(args[5]));

In my test table the scan worked as expected. But in production run, I got
rows which had cells containing one of the given qualifiers (not expected)
Can some one help me spot the mistake?

-Shrijeet