hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disk space usage of HFilev1 vs HFilev2
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:36:38 GMT
Hi Zahoor,

Then it seems like i might have missed something when doing hdfs usage
estimation of HBase. I usually do hadoop fs -dus /hbase/$TABLE_NAME for
getting the hdfs usage of a table. Is this the right way? Since i wiped of
the HBase0.90 cluster so now i cannot look into hdfs usage of it. Is it
possible to store a table in HFileV1 instead of HFileV2 in HBase0.92?
In this way i can do a fair comparison.

Anil Gupta

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM, jmozah <jmozah@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anil,
> I really doubt that there is 50% drop in file sizes... As far as i know..
> there is no drastic space conserving feature in V2. Just as  an after
> thought.. do a major compact and check the sizes.
> ./Zahoor
> http://blog.zahoor.in
> On 15-Aug-2012, at 12:31 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks & Regards,