hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding data
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 05:39:07 GMT
Hi Rita,

HBase Bulk Loader is a viable solution for loading such huge data set. Even
if your import file has a separator other than tab you can use ImportTsv as
long as the separator is single character. If in case you want to put in
your business logic while writing the data to HBase then you can write your
own mapper class and use it with bulk loader. Hence, you can heavily
customize the bulk loader as per your needs.
These links might be helpful for you:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#arch.bulk.load
http://bigdatanoob.blogspot.com/2012/03/bulk-load-csv-file-into-hbase.html

HTH,