hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Disk space usage of HFilev1 vs HFilev2
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:15:48 GMT
Hi All,

I recently updated my cluster from HBase 0.90 to HBase 0.92. One replica of
one table used to take 90 GB in 0.90 but the same table takes 45 GB in
0.92(HFilev2). The table has 1 column family and each row stores data of
300-400 bytes(this is the size of values) in 20-30 column.
I am interested in knowing of any disk usage optimization done in HFilev2?
Please share if you know of any relevant document to understand the
reduction in disk space usage?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta