hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Retrieve Put timestamp
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:11:20 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Wei Tan <wtan@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> We have a similar requirement and here is the solution in our mind:
> add a coprocessor, in prePut() get the current ms and set it to put ---
> the current implementation get the current ms and set it in put()
> return the ms generated to prePut() to client. For now put() does not
> return any value. we need to change the behavior of it
>
> Any flaw in this design?

In 0.96 we have moved to protobufs.  The put/mutate call currently
doesn't return anything:

message MutateResponse {
  optional Result result = 1;

  // used for mutate to indicate processed only
  optional bool processed = 2;
}

Should be easy enough changing it to run timestamps?  Should it do it
always or should we return the request so you have to ask for it?

St.Ack