hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Slow full-table scans
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:13:03 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am beginning to think that this is a configuration issue on my
> cluster. Do the following configuration files seem sane ?
>
> hbase-env.sh     https://gist.github.com/3345338

Nothing wrong w/ this (Remove the -ea, you don't want asserts in
production, and the -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode flag if >= 2 cores).

> hbase-site.xml    https://gist.github.com/3345356

This is all defaults effectively.   I don't see any of the configs.
recommended by the performance section of the reference guide and/or
those suggested by the GBIF blog.

You don't answer LarsH's query about where you see the 4% difference.

How many regions in your table?  Whats the HBase Master UI look like
when this scan is running?
St.Ack