hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase MapReduce - Using mutiple tables as source
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:56:02 GMT
On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Wei Tan <wtan@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I understand that this is achievable by running multiple MR jobs, each
> with a different output table specified in the reduce class. What I want
> is to scan a source table once and generate multiple tables at one time.
> Thanks,

There is nothing in HBase natively that will do this but no reason you
can't do this in a map or reduce task. You'd set up two or more HTable
instances on task init each pointing to a particular table.  Then,
inside in your task you'd send the puts to one of the possible HTables
switching on whatever your fancy.

St.Ack