hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [maybe off-topic?] article: Solving Big Data Challenges for Enterprise Application Performance Management
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:45:49 GMT
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Cristofer Weber
<cristofer.weber@neogrid.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, I think that I can help in a way or another, documenting undocumented
features, collecting more data on effects of changes over default values and relating this
changes to different HBase use cases, etc. It's hard to start contributing to Open Source
projects sophisticated as HBase is, but can be a bit easer to contribute documenting features
and running experiments, and I think that there are other ones wondering if they can contribute
to HBase as well, but - speaking about myself - a lot of guidance is needed. Hope to get this
guidance here ;-)

You can help loads Cristofer because you are in that temporary
condition where you are a noob on hbase turf (you are like the fellas
who wrote the paper at the start of their week of tuning).  And you
seem to be a <flattery>generally clueful fellow</flattery>.  Please do
make noise about what you think silly things a noob has to put up wth
getting their HBase system up and running.  The hoary old veterans
that hang out around these parts are no longer able to 'see' the HBase
issues a noob has having gotten across the hurdle a long time ago.
Lets at least file issues you run across on-boarding.  Thank you,
St.Ack