hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gurjeet Singh <gurj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow full-table scans
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 18:26:28 GMT
Sorry for the delay guys.

Here are a few results:

1. Regions in the table = 11
2. The region servers don't appear to be very busy with the query ~5%
CPU (but with parallelization, they are all busy)

Finally, I changed the format of my data, such that each cell in HBase
contains a chunk of a row instead of the single value it had. So,
stuffing each Hbase cell with 500 columns of a row, gave me a
performance boost of 1000x. It seems that the underlying issue was IO
overhead per byte of actual data stored.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:16 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yeah... It looks OK.
> Maybe 2G of heap is a bit low when dealing with 200.000 column rows.
>

> If you can I'd like to know how busy your regionservers are during these operations.
That would be an indication on whether the parallelization is good or not.