hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gurjeet Singh <gurj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow full-table scans
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 12:32:13 GMT
Thanks for the reply Stack. My comments are inline.

> You've checked out the perf section of the refguide?
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#performance

Yes. HBase has 8GB RAM both on my cluster as well as my dev machine.
Both configurations are backed by SSDs and Hbase options are set to

HBASE_OPTS="-ea -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode"

The data that I am dealing with is static. The table never changes
after the first load.

Even some of my GET requests are taking up to a full 60 seconds when
the row sizes reach ~10MB. In general, taking 5 seconds to fetch a
single row (~1MB) seems a extremely high to me.

Thanks again for your help.