hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lukáš Drbal <lukas.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secondary indexes suggestions
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:44:17 GMT
Hi,

thanks a lot for all response.

Otis: filter from your link are great, i'll check it in my tests.

Michael: i understand what is secondary indexes, but still don't have
idea about effective rowkey format. I'm ok with delay in creating
secondary index and atomicity, we don't need "realitime" data.

When i have 10 messages with ids 1, 8, 10, 255, ... from one user with
id 88. I see here only 2 options for rowkey in sec. index:

1) composite rowkey like <userId><SEPARATOR><messageId>
2) use userId as rowkey and put messageId into cells
Exists any other?

When i use first method, i must scan over many rows. What about
startRow for scanner? Can be this scan effective?

Second method need many many cells and i don't need all in one time,
so this is imho bad idea.

--
Save The World - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMemberInfo.do?userName=LesTR