hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Secondary indexes suggestions
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 02:49:32 GMT
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think you need to think outside of the box...
> But I think you've been too dismissive of looking at the index at the table level and
not at the region level.

I'd be interested if you can point out exactly where I dismissed
something, as in "this is not a good idea..." or "this is wrong..." or
any other explicit statement. Otherwise, you are reading in something
as implicit that isn't there. I contributed a few thoughts on the
subject as opposed to writing a treatise. Why does this have to be an
argument instead of a discussion?

But if you don't mind I'm not going to look at this thread further.

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)