hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Secondary indexes suggestions
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 01:59:23 GMT
Hey Lars,

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM, lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yep. It's not simple if (and only if) you data is changing a lot. Michael is right though,
that it is simple problem if your data is static.

Yeah, a good option for that are MR processes that emit in one shot
HFiles for bulk import of infrequent updates into the primary table
and all projections/materializations/indices. We have an application
that does this in production.

> Todd Lipcon and I were talking last week. And he mentioned primitives like logged updates,operations
that will eventually complete, and as long as log-replay can be forced before a read operation
they can be used for consistent indexes.

Back to HBASE-3340 again. :-)

Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)