hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: When I use secure hbase client create table, throws accessDeniedException 'user is null'
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:33:33 GMT
What version of HBase?

You have this in your client and configurations?

<property>
 <name>hbase.rpc.engine</name>
 <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
 <value>kerberos</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hbase.security.authentication</name>
 <value>kerberos</value>
</property>

Because "user null" usually means you haven't configured use of the
SecureRpcEngine.

An example working secure configuration:
https://github.com/apurtell/tm-ec2-demo

--
Best regards,

   - Andy