hbase-user mailing list archives

From Marco Gallotta <ma...@gallotta.co.za>
Subject Problem connecting to server localhost:60020
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:28:43 GMT
Hi there

I just expanded my hadoop&hbase from a single node in fake distributed mode to a cluster
of 3 nodes. Most things were working fine, but when I run a mapreduce I get the following
error on the non-master nodes:

2012-08-17 08:04:27,758 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server:

60020 is the regionserver port. That should only be running on master. So why is it pointing
to localhost on the non-master nodes? The only reference to localhost in the config is the
ZK quorum (I couldn't find a way to use anything else).

Any idea what I might have misconfigured? Let me know what config files/etc. might be helpful
to diagnose.

Marco Gallotta | Mountain View, California
Software Engineer, Infrastructure | Loki Studios
fb.me/marco.gallotta | twitter.com/marcog
marco@gallotta.co.za | +1 (650) 417-3313