hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joe Pallas <pal...@cs.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: MemStore and prefix encoding
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:59:05 GMT

On Aug 25, 2012, at 2:57 PM, lars hofhansl wrote:

> Each column family is its own store. All stores are flushed together, so have many add
overhead (especially if a few tend to hold a lot of data, but the others don't, leading to
very many small store files that need to be compacted).

If there are no writes at all to a CF, will a flush still create a new store file?  I’m
thinking about a case where one CF is basically write-once and another CF gets frequent updates.

View raw message