hbase-user mailing list archives

From jmozah <jmo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disk space usage of HFilev1 vs HFilev2
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:50:59 GMT
Hi

I am not very sure about the storage savings you are talking about, But there is definitely
savings in RAM as there is block level index and bloom filter  instead of file level. More
here

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2012/06/hbase-io-hfile-input-output/
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#d540e10937

Was compression enabled in 0.90? is it enabled now in 0.92?

./zahoor