hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ian Varley <ivar...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Choose the location of a record
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 13:01:45 GMT
Blaise,

Generally speaking, no. The distribution of row keys over regions is handled by HBase. This
is as you would want, so that the failure of any given server is transparent to your application.

There are ways to hack around this, but generally you shouldn't design in such a way as to
require that.

What's the requirement motivating your question?

Ian