hbase-user mailing list archives

From Cristofer Weber <cristofer.we...@neogrid.com>
Subject HBase and unit tests
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:44:36 GMT
Hi there!

After I started studying HBase, I've searched for open source projects backed by HBase and
I found Titan distributed graph database (you probably heard about it). As soon as I read
in their documentation that HBase adapter is experimental and suboptimal (disclaimer here:
https://github.com/thinkaurelius/titan/wiki/Using-HBase) I volunteered to help improving this
adapter and since then I made a few changes to improve on running tests (reduced from hours
to minutes) and also an improvement on search feature.

Now I'm trying to break the dependency on a pre-installed HBase for unit tests and found miniCluster
inside HBase tests, but minicluster demands too much time to start and I don't know if tweaking
on configs will improve significantly. Is there a way to start a 'lightweight' instance, like
programatically starting a standalone instance?

Thanks!!

Best regards,
Cristofer