hbase-user mailing list archives

From sk101 <lasjdf89a...@devnullmail.com>
Subject Problems starting HBase
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:48:10 GMT

Hi guys, I've been trying to setup HBase for OpenTSDB for a few days now and
am completely stuck. I've gotten .92 running on a virtual machine but I am
completely unable to deploy it to a real machine.

Firstly, I've been following this guide:
http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html

Here's what I've tried:
1) 0.92, which gives me a null error as discussed in this git issue:
https://github.com/stumbleupon/opentsdb.net/pull/5
2) Seeing this, I decided to try 0.94. This seems to solve the null issue
but now whenever I try to create a table in hbase shell it hangs.

Here's a log for situation #2:

https://gist.github.com/3251817

Thanks in advance!