hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schäfer <syrious3...@yahoo.de>
Subject Schema Design - Move second column family to new table
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 11:47:13 GMT
Currently I'm about to design HBase tables.

In my case there is table1 with CF1 holding millions/billions of rows and CF2 with hundreds
of rows.
Read use cases include reading both CF data by key or reading only one CF.

Referring to http://hbase.apache.org/book/number.of.cfs.html

Due to the cardinality difference I would change the schema design by putting CF2 in an extra
table (table 2), right?
So after that there are table1 and table2 each with one CF with the same row key.
Any doubting about that?

Can anyone recommend resources about HBase-Schema-Design where HBase Schema Design is explained
on different use cases
beyond "HBase- Definitive Guide" and the HBase online reference?

regards,
Christian