hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 18:30:01 GMT
Hi zahoor,

could you file a jira with what you found? It looks like a bug.
Thanks.

-- Lars

----- Original Message -----
From: J Mohamed Zahoor <jmozah@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 2:03 AM
Subject: Re: Hbase- Hadoop DFS size not decreased even after deleting a column family

Hi

I see this atleast in trunk... in TableDeleteFamilyHandler's constructor..

public TableDeleteFamilyHandler(byte[] tableName, byte [] familyName,

      Server server, final MasterServices masterServices) throwsIOException {

    super(EventType.C_M_ADD_FAMILY, tableName, server, masterServices);

    HTableDescriptor htd = getTableDescriptor();

    this.familyName = hasColumnFamily(htd, familyName);

  }

The event type is added as C_M_ADD_FAMILY....
May be this is the problem and it is there in 0.94.1 also !!!

./zahoor