hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CheckAndAppend Feature
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 00:30:02 GMT
I filed HBASE-6522. It is a trivial change to make locks and leases available to coprocessors.
So checkAndSet type operations can then be implemented via coprocessor endpoints: lock row,
check, fail or update, unlock row.

Since the patch is so simple I'll commit that soon (to 0.94.2 and 0.96)

-- Lars

________________________________
From: lars hofhansl <lhofhansl@yahoo.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2012 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: CheckAndAppend Feature

There is no such functionality currently, and there is no good way to simulate that.

Currently that cannot even be done with a coprocessor endpoint, because region coprocessors
have no way to create a region lock (just checked the code).
(That is something we have to change I think - I will create an issue once the Jira system
is back from the walk in the park).

-- Lars