hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Using HBase serving to replace memcached
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 03:50:01 GMT
>Are there any optimizations for column qualifier search too or that one just needs to load
all blocks that match the rowkey crieteria and then scan each one of them from start to end?
With blooms there is optimization in search for a particular column qualifier also. Bloom
can be ROW type or ROWCOL type. When it is rowcol type what is added in the bloom is the presence
of particulat column qualifier in a row rather than just the row id.

-Anoop-