hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Region balancing question
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 10:01:57 GMT
Seems this is available from 0.92 version..   See HBASE-3373

From: Anoop Sam John [anoopsj@huawei.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 3:24 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: Region balancing question

  Which version you are using?
>From 0.94 in the balancer there are 2 ways of balancing. One is by table balancing in
which balancer will make sure the regions for one table is balanced across the RSs. But in
the other way of balancing in generic way it will consider all the regions across all the
tables as one group only and will balance all across the RSs.  Seems the 2nd way is happening
with ur case. Can u check the total number of regions (across all the tables) in every RS.
Is this balanced now?

"hbase.master.loadbalance.bytable" config param can select any of the 2 ways of balancing.
This is added in 0.94 version. You might be using some older version?