hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tony Dean <Tony.D...@sas.com>
Subject RE: targeted version
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 16:22:42 GMT
Hi Marcos,

What I am saying is that the download site has the following links:

hbase-0.90.5/
hbase-0.90.6/
hbase-0.92.0/
hbase-0.92.1/
hbase-0.94.0/
stable/ which points to 0.92.1

I can get 0.92.2 from Jenkins build, but should i?  Why is it not listed on the download page?
 And it seems as though 0.92.1 is the preferred version to use at this time.

From: Marcos Ortiz [mailto:mlortiz@uci.cu]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 11:01 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: Tony Dean
Subject: Re: targeted version

On 07/09/2012 09:34 AM, Tony Dean wrote:
Hi,

I believe that I am hitting an identified issued HBASE-5780.  I'm using 0.92.1.  It says that
it is fixed in 0.92.2, 0.94.0, and 0.96.0.
That's correct.

The download page does not have 0.92.2 or 0.96.0?
It seems that is working normally, at least for me from here.

I'm using the hbase-security distribution and just  wondering which version I should target
if the software that I am developing is scheduled to release later this year or early next
year.
You can ask to the main developers about the HBase Roadmap for this.

  Also, when do you plan on getting to 1.0?  0.xx.0 leads me to think that its somehow pre-production.
HBase is used in production today for a lot of companies: Tumblr, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Trend
Micro, Mozilla Corp, and many more. In the first event dedicated exclusively to HBase, many
companies gave great talks about its current use of HBase in production. You can check the
HBaseCon tag in Slideshare.net in the Cloudera's profile to see all talks:
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudera/tag/hbasecon-2012

So, I think that these releases are ready for production.

Thanks.

-Tony

Tony Dean
SAS Institute Inc.
Senior Software Developer
919-531-6704

[cid:E66456A501504A41996B0DBE41A6D09F@wnt.sas.com]

[http://universidad.uci.cu/email.gif]
<http://www.uci.cu/>

--

Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
Data Engineer && Sr. System Administrator at UCI

[http://universidad.uci.cu/email.gif]<http://www.uci.cu/>