hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jay Whittaker <...@stealthintelligence.co.uk>
Subject hbase hbck logging
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:38:56 GMT
Hey,

I have been getting the following in thrift logs.

2012-07-04 15:41:05,903 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Encountered problems when prefetch META table:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: Cannot find row in .META. for table: finalfrontier,
row=finalfrontier,,99999999999999

Which made us think it's a META table error. So we ran 'bin/hbase hbck' and 'bin/hbase hbck
–details' and both seem to hang after a 'HregionInfo read' line before dropping to the CLI
with no error or debug info.

We presume it is a Hregion read hanging but can not find it logged anywhere. Is there a way
to see where it is hanging?

It may also be worth pointing out we have tried the –fix –fixMeta and –repair tags with
no change.

Thanks,

Jay