hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: regions unlinked from table
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:10:30 GMT
Thanks for the response Kevin, Shrijeet, and Suraj.

I forgot to update the list (sorry!) but the addregion.rb did seem to work.
 At first it didn't seem to, and I stepped away to work on something else
for the last week.  Looking at the table now, it must have been an async
action because all the regions now show up for the table.  I didn't notice
until now because this data was throwaway data that we were going to delete
before noticing the inconsistency.

I didn't save the output from -details, but if this ever happens again I
will try to send it over.  I'll also take a look at your uber-hbck.  Thanks!

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Kevin O'dell <kevin.odell@cloudera.com>wrote:

> Bryan,
>
>   I forgot to add the link to the new code to grab the uber-hbck
> http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hbase-0.90.6-cdh3u4.tar.gz
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Kevin O'dell <kevin.odell@cloudera.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Can you please attach the output of hbck -details and the output of
> hadoop
> > fs -lsr /hbase(you can send directly if you do not want to share that)?
> >  There should not be any problem with using the uber-hbck to resolve this
> > from the .90.6 version.
> >

> > On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Suraj Varma <svarma.ng@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I was about to propose that next ... you could just try back porting
> >> that uber hbck (or the relevant portions) and run the patched ruby
> >> script ... I've done this for like online meta table merges ... but
> >> not with hbck.
> >>
> >> So - yes, that might be your solve. Good luck!
> >> --S

> >> other

>  Maybe

> >> times)