hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase installation.
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 07:46:51 GMT
Hi Yogesh,

       Can you paste the content of your core-site.xml and
hbase-site.xml files??

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Yogesh,
>
> Please follow the section for Pseudo-distributed and distributed
> deployment, documented here:
> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#standalone_dist.
>
> If you do not follow the instructions there, and lack proper
> hbase-site.xml configs, your HBase starts in a standalone (Local FS)
> mode and does not require a HRegionServer to function, which is what I
> suspect you're running into.
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM,  <yogesh.kumar13@wipro.com> wrote:
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am new to hadoop and hbase, and running Hadoop over single node cluster so as Hbase
also,

>> I have used command
>> start-hbase.sh
>>
>> it only starts Hmaster
>> no other threads like Hregionserver
>>
>> here are the changes that I have made in hbase/conf/hbase-env.sh
>> export JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home
>> and set the Hbase_Home.
>>
>> does i need to make more changer in hbase-env.sh or in hbase-site.xml for single
node cluster
>> Please suggest,
>> Thanks & regards
>> Yogesh Kumar
>>
>> Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
>>
>> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this
message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

>> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability