hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection error while usinh HBase client API for pseudodistrbuted mode
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:11:50 GMT
Not a prob..I was expecting this after looking at the config
file..First of all your "hbase.rootdir" property must contain the
"complete" value of the "fs.default.name" property in your hadoop's
"core-site.xml" file.(This includes "port no" also)..After that just
add the following properties in your hbase-site.xml file and let me
know if it is works for you.

<property>
	<name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
	<value>true</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>localhost</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
</property>
<property>
      <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
      <value>2181</value>
      <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
      The port at which the clients will connect.
      </description>
    </property>
 <property>

For detailed help you can visit this link -
http://cloudfront.blogspot.in/2012/06/how-to-configure-habse-in-pseudo.html,
if you want.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM, AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan
<ananthu2050@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry. I tried list and it returned 0 as no table exists. Then I posted
> this question.
>
> Now when I try create table now, shell is hanging and I get following
> exception
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed setting up
> proxy interface org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to localhost/
> 127.0.0.1:39591
>
> So I feel issue is with HBase and not with client API. Let me fix this
> issue and try client API.
>
> Meanwhile, do you have any idea on this issue?
>
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are you sure about the Hbase shell???Are you able to create tables ,
>> or list the tables through shell??
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > What's the status of Hadoop and IPV6 vs IPV4?

>> files??

>> false);

no