hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection error while usinh HBase client API for pseudodistrbuted mode
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:28:47 GMT
What do you mean by "I tried starting Hbase master manually and I got
this error."??..By manually do you mean through the shell??How were
you trying to do it earlier??And if possible could you please post the
modified core-site.xml and hbase-site.xml files.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM, AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan
<ananthu2050@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link.
>
> I followed the link and fixed my hdfs url too.
>
> But when I start hbase, hbase master and zookeeper processes are not
> starting
>
> I tried starting Hbase master manually and I got this error.
>
> ERROR master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
> java.io.IOException: CRC check failed
>
> Do you have any idea?
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not a prob..I was expecting this after looking at the config
>> file..First of all your "hbase.rootdir" property must contain the
>> "complete" value of the "fs.default.name" property in your hadoop's
>> "core-site.xml" file.(This includes "port no" also)..After that just
>> add the following properties in your hbase-site.xml file and let me
>> know if it is works for you.
>>
>> <property>
>>         <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
>>         <value>true</value>
>> </property>
>>
>> <property>
>>   <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
>>   <value>localhost</value>
>> </property>
>> <property>
>>     <name>dfs.replication</name>
>>     <value>1</value>
>> </property>
>> <property>
>>       <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
>>       <value>2181</value>
>>       <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
>>       The port at which the clients will connect.
>>       </description>
>>     </property>
>>  <property>
>>
>> For detailed help you can visit this link -
>> http://cloudfront.blogspot.in/2012/06/how-to-configure-habse-in-pseudo.html
>> ,
>> if you want.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Mohammad Tariq
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM, AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan
>> <ananthu2050@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Sorry. I tried list and it returned 0 as no table exists. Then I posted
>> > this question.
>> >
>> > Now when I try create table now, shell is hanging and I get following
>> > exception
>> >
>> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed setting
>> up
>> > proxy interface org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to
>> localhost/
>> > 127.0.0.1:39591
>> >
>> > So I feel issue is with HBase and not with client API. Let me fix this
>> > issue and try client API.
>> >
>> > Meanwhile, do you have any idea on this issue?

>> michael_segel@hotmail.com>

>> for

Mohan

>> HBaseConfiguration.create();