hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rob Roland <...@simplymeasured.com>
Subject Re: drop table
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:26:32 GMT
You don't have to run the major compaction - the shell is doing that for
you.  You must disable the table first, like:

disable 'session_timeline'
drop 'session_timeline'

See the admin.rb file:

    def drop(table_name)
      tableExists(table_name)
      raise ArgumentError, "Table #{table_name} is enabled. Disable it
first.'" if enabled?(table_name)

      @admin.deleteTable(table_name)
      flush(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HConstants::META_TABLE_NAME)
      major_compact(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HConstants::META_TABLE_NAME)
    end