hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rowkey hashing to avoid hotspotting
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:44:21 GMT
Hi Cristofer,

Thanks for elaborate response!!!

I have no much information about production data as I work with partial
data. But based on discussion with my project partners, I have some answers
for you.

Number of model numbers and serial numbers will be finite. Not so many...
As far as I know,there is no predefined rule for model number or serial
number creation.

I have two access pattern. I count the number of rows for a specific model
number. I use rowkey filter for this. Also I filter the rows based on
model, serial number and some other columns. I scan the table with column
value filter for this case.

I will evaluate salting as you have explained.

Regards,
Anand.C

--
Regards,