hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create table fails with org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException:
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:23:56 GMT
Hi,

Three region servers are online and I confirmed it here http://
<master_hostname>:60010/master-status

This page also lists all my tables. When I click on tables where I had
errors, it is not showing any details and browser hangs. I think this means
region server details are not correctly stored for those tables.

I have reverse DNS issue in one of my region server. When I enter "hostname
<ip>", in one of my region server, I get following error

Host 131.32.78.10.in-addr.arpa. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

But I was able to create table and load data two hours back.

Also I checked region server status of this specific machine http://<region
server with reverse DNS issue>:60030/rs-status and the result is positive.

So I have doubts in role of reverse DNS in this problem.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM, shashwat shriparv <dwivedishashwat@gmail.com

--
Regards,
Anand