hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Create table fails with org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException:
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 13:54:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a three node cluster with Hbase installed in fully distributed mode.
For the past two hours, I am not able to create table correctly.

I could scan already existing tables. I get following error when I create
table in shell. Shell hangs for a while and finally throws this error.

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionOfflineException: Only 0 of 1
regions are online; retries exhausted.

But when I list the tables after this error, it is listing the created
table.

When I do scan, it fails with the following error

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: No server
address listed in .META. for region
Testcell_reports,,1341406315551.83e1bbd70bcc249fe6c323772b8c0abe.

When I do disable and drop, it is happening without any errors. Can someone
suggest me some ways to debug this issue? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Regards,
Anand