hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection error while usinh HBase client API for pseudodistrbuted mode
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:11:14 GMT
Thanks for the link.

I followed the link and fixed my hdfs url too.

But when I start hbase, hbase master and zookeeper processes are not
starting

I tried starting Hbase master manually and I got this error.

ERROR master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
java.io.IOException: CRC check failed

Do you have any idea?
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not a prob..I was expecting this after looking at the config
> file..First of all your "hbase.rootdir" property must contain the
> "complete" value of the "fs.default.name" property in your hadoop's
> "core-site.xml" file.(This includes "port no" also)..After that just
> add the following properties in your hbase-site.xml file and let me
> know if it is works for you.
>
> <property>
>         <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
>         <value>true</value>
> </property>
>
> <property>
>   <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
>   <value>localhost</value>
> </property>
> <property>
>     <name>dfs.replication</name>
>     <value>1</value>
> </property>
> <property>
>       <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort</name>
>       <value>2181</value>
>       <description>Property from ZooKeeper's config zoo.cfg.
>       The port at which the clients will connect.
>       </description>
>     </property>
>  <property>
>
> For detailed help you can visit this link -
> http://cloudfront.blogspot.in/2012/06/how-to-configure-habse-in-pseudo.html
> ,
> if you want.
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM, AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan
> <ananthu2050@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry. I tried list and it returned 0 as no table exists. Then I posted
> > this question.
> >
> > Now when I try create table now, shell is hanging and I get following
> > exception
> >
> > org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed setting
> up
> > proxy interface org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to
> localhost/
> > 127.0.0.1:39591
> >
> > So I feel issue is with HBase and not with client API. Let me fix this
> > issue and try client API.
> >
> > Meanwhile, do you have any idea on this issue?
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure about the Hbase shell???Are you able to create tables ,
> >> or list the tables through shell??
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>     Mohammad Tariq
> >>

> >> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Michael Segel <
> michael_segel@hotmail.com>

> >> files??

> for

Mohan