hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase importtsv fails with java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host:
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 06:20:44 GMT
Hi,

I have a 3 node HBase cluster up and running. I could list and scan tables
in HBase shell. I am trying to run HBase map-reduce job to load bulk data
from TSV file. It fails with

12/07/04 11:42:11 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id :
attempt_201207031124_0022_m_000002_0, Status : FAILED
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.UnknownHostException: unknown host:
honeywel-4a7632

I had same issue when I ran HBase client API code from my laptop. I added
this hostname in my hosts file. Then I could run client code and retrieve
data.

Still importtsv map reduce job alone fails. I added an entry for this
hostname in /etc/hosts file. I even tried removing all host names from my
Hbase and Hadoop cluster configuration files. Then I tried hadoop dfsadmin
-refreshNodes.

Any idea, why this map-reduce job alone fails? Please let me know if you
seen this same error.
--
Regards,
Anand