hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UnknownRowLockException
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:51:17 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Marco Gallotta <marco@gallotta.co.za> wrote:
> Oh, oops, I misread increments documentation. I'm fine with that. The only problem now
then is that it only operates on longs, but I'm storing ints and shorts to save space. Perhaps
the space saving isn't worth the cost of not using this though.

That's what I thought, I don't know what a partially completed
increment on a single cell would look like... see 7 while someone is
incrementing 4 by 5? :)

The space saving is a good question, are you really that short on hard
drives? The key is still the bigger part of your whole row by an order
of magnitude and this is usually where people try to shave a few bytes

View raw message