hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Table not storing versions after deleteall
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:37:35 GMT
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Zoltán Tóth-Czifra
<zoltan.tothczifra@softonic.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer! So I understand it's the expected behavior...?

Yeah, it's an edge case.

> For me it doesn't explain why can't I re-add the exact same rows.

As I mentioned, they are hidden by the delete marker. Basically, the
command you sent to HBase is "delete everything that comes before the
current time for this row". This also includes cells you insert in the
future but at a previous timestamp (time travel!).

We have a bit of documentation here: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#delete

J-D