hbase-user mailing list archives

From Minh Duc Nguyen <mdngu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Cannot Start Again After Sudden Power-Off
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:58:36 GMT
Bing, as far as why HBase is configured as such, it's by design.  The HBase
documentation is very clear in explaining that pseudo-distributed mode is
for "configuration testing and prototyping."

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#standalone_dist

In order to make it as easy as possible for people to get up and running
with HBase, the default configuration for HBase in pseudo-distributed mode
is to use /tmp.  Of course, when linux restarts, it will clear out the /tmp
directory.  Since you've been running HBase for 4 months now, it may be
worth your while to setup a small HBase cluster in fully-distributed mode.
 While convenient, HBase in pseudo-distributed mode will not be as reliable
as fully-distributed.

   ~ Minh