hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry Lam <chiling...@gmail.com>
Subject Query a version of a column efficiently
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:43:56 GMT
Hi HBase guru:

I need some advises on a problem that I'm facing using HBase. How can I
efficiently query a version of a column when I don't know exactly the
version I'm looking for?
For instance, I want to query a column with timestamp that is less or equal
to N, if version = N is available, return it to me. Otherwise, I want the
version that is closest to the version N (order by descending of
timestamp). That is if version = N - 1 exists, I want it to be returned.

I looked into the TimeRange query, it doesn't seem to provide this semantic
naturally. Note that I don't know which version is closest to N so the
setTimeRange(0,N+1). Do I need to implement a filter to do that or is it
already available?

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jerry