hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas ThiƩbaud <nico...@captaindash.com>
Subject Region servers fall after Zookeeper connectivity loss on EC2
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:50:54 GMT
Hi,

We have been successfully running a cdh3 HBase cluster on c1.xlarge
instances for over a month, but we recently started hitting what looks like
connectivity issues in the clusters. Zookeeper sessions are expired by the
zk server and the region servers throw a YouAreDeadException before
crashing.

Could this be imputed to the gc ? Is there anything I can do about it ? I
am monitoring the Ganglia metrics but am unsure of their semantics (where
can I find it?).

I know that running hbase on ec2 is advised against, but we really need to
get this working.

Thanks,

Nicolas.

ZooKeeper log: http://pastebin.com/bVjrkRSL