hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Powered By Page
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 20:37:17 GMT
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Taylor, Ronald C <ronald.taylor@pnnl.gov> wrote:
> Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (www.pnl.gov) - Hadoop and HBase (Cloudera distribution)
are being used within PNNL's Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Group for a systems
biology data warehouse project that integrates high throughput proteomics and transcriptomics
data sets coming from instruments in the Environmental  Molecular Sciences Laboratory, a US
Department of Energy national user facility located at PNNL. The data sets are being merged
and annotated with other public genomics information in the data warehouse environment, with
Hadoop analysis programs operating on the annotated data in the HBase tables. This work is
hosted by olympus, a large PNNL institutional computing cluster (http://www.pnl.gov/news/release.aspx?id=908)
, with the HBase tables being stored in olympus's Lustre file system.

Thats a cool one.  I put it up (I put it in place of the powerset
entry -- smile).

How's that Lustre hookup work Ronald?  You did your own FS
implementation for it?

Good stuff,
Thanks.
St.Ack