hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase table disk usage
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:29:55 GMT
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Sever Fundatureanu
<fundatureanu.sever@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, forgot about the timestamps. These should be a long value each, so 8
> bytes. The versioning is set to 1 so it shouldn't count.
> Note the column qualifier is also void on each entry.
>
> So now we get (33+1+8)x1.5*10^9 = 63GB, still a 19GB difference...

What about regionserver WAL logs?  You including these in your math or
are you just du'ing the table dir?  The table dir can have tmp dirs
for compaction and split work.  And after Michael Segel, the KV has a
type byte as well as some lengths for finding offsets in KV; take a
looksee w/ the hfile tool:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hfile_tool2

St.Ack