hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xiaobo Gu <guxiaobo1...@gmail.com>
Subject Embedded table data model
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 03:58:15 GMT
Hi,

I have technical problem, and wander whether HBase or Cassandra
support Embedded table data model, or can somebody show me a way to do
this:

1.We have a very large customer entity table which have 100 milliion
rows, each customer row has about 300 attributes(columns).
2.Each customer do about 1000 transactions per year, each transaction
has about 30 attributes(columns), and we just save one year
transactions for each customer

We want a data model that  we can get the customer entity with all the
transactions which he did for a single client call within a fixed time
window, according to the customer id (which is the primary key of the
customer table). We do the following in RDBMS,
A customer table with customerid as the primary key, A transaction
table with customer id as a secondary index, and join them , or we
must do two separate  calls, and because we have so many concurrent
readers and these two tables are became so large, the RDBMS system
performs poor.

Can we embedded the transactions inside the customer table in HBase or
Cassandra?

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu