hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Can manually remove HFiles (similar to bulk import, but bulk remove)?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:44:56 GMT
You could set your ttls and trigger a major compaction ...

Or, (this is pretty advanced) you can probably do it without taking down
RS's by:
1) closing the region in the hbase shell
2) deleting the file in the shell
3) reopening the region in the hbase shell

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera